After a long series of clues and some leaked ROMs, Here’s the official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for Samsung Galaxy S3, the last year’s flagship device from the South Korean house.
The confirmation comes from SamMobile that Samsung has started rolling out Android 4.3 on the unlocked version (GT-I9300) devices.
The Galaxy S3 and Note 2 skip the JB 4.2 release and go straight from 4.1.2 to 4.3. Now we are awaiting the confirmation about the arrival of the new Android 4.4 KitKat announced last week.
Here’s a list of some of the key features of Android 4.3 for Galaxy S3
- GALAXY GEAR Support
- TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
- ANT+ Support
- Core UI elements updated to the ones on the Galaxy S4 (Galaxy S4′s theme all over)
- New Samsung Keyboard
- GPU drivers have been updated (Higher GPU benchmark scores)
- New Lock screen: Multiple Widgets, improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
- New Screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
- Driving mode
- Actionable notifications
- Move-to-SD-card feature
- New Camera mode: Sound and Shot
- New Additions in Notification Centre
- Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the Galaxy S4)
- Implementation of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
- New Samsung Apps: Calculator, Clock, Contacts, Gallery, Music
- Full screen Samsung apps
- New S-Voice (from Galaxy S4)
The update package is being pushed via OTA (over-the-air) mode. To receive it, Connect your Galaxy S3 to the Internet and Open the “Settings” menu, scroll down to “About phone” and then select “System updates”.
Besides, HTC rolled out the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for One smartphone late last month. The platform update weighs around 675 MB, and it’s advised to download the updates only when connected to a Wi-Fi network.