Microsoft will release the second update to Xbox One in March, which will improve Multiplayer and Party experience on the console.
You may have been receiving or installing the first update on your Xbox One, which includes lots of “behind-the-scenes updates” for developers, improved quality of Kinect voice, and several new features.
At the same time, Microsoft has detailed the second update for the console, which will be distributed in March. The update will improve Multiplayer and Party capabilities.
Since the advent of the Xbox One and compatible games, Microsoft has noticed an increase in the use of Xbox Live, confirming the harness of cloud services with the console. There’s no secret, the multiple system of Xbox 360 has always been appreciated, and gamers now ask for specific enhancements on the successor too.
On March 11, Titanfall for Xbox One will be released, which is known for its superb team-based online multiplayer gaming experience. As a result, the update will introduce several new features related to Multiplayer and Party.
Here are more details on what’s coming for the Xbox One in March.
- Get to your friends list faster. The friends list will be front and center on the homepage of the Friends app. Click the Social tile on Home, or say “Xbox, go to Friends” to see who’s online and what they’re up to. From there you can quickly send messages and get into a party.
- Party chat will be turned on by default. When you party up, chat audio will be turned on by default.
- Chat with friends playing different games. Party chat will be separated from people playing your game, so you can chat with your friends who are online or you can chat with everyone playing the game.
- Invite friends to game. An option to your multiplayer titles moving forward. Similar to Xbox 360 titles, this will appear inside a games’ menu and offer a simple and quicker way to set up your multiplayer battles. Selecting “Invite friends” will let you invite friends to your game and party.
- Recent Players. This is a simple list that shows you Xbox Live members you’ve recently played with, making it easier to stay in touch with people, or add new friends after your multiplayer battles.
To take advantages of these features, the Redmond Company will also introduce a new stereo headphones – especially designed for the Xbox One – and its adapter.
The stereo headset will retail for $79.99, and the adapter will be available for $24.99.
Source: Xbox Wire
Update 1: The February update for the Xbox One has been delayed for a few days and will be rolled out next week.