Samsung is now distributing Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean for Galaxy Note GT-N700. This new update gives the Smartphone one of the latest versions of Android, including some improvements such as Google’s Project Butter, Google Now and a fresh user interface.
The update brings new Nature UX interface, which is also found in the Galaxy S III and the Galaxy S III mini, and sort of features that were not available in the older Galaxy Note – such as multi-window function and S-score. According to the users who have already received the update, the Galaxy Note got a decent performance boost, which is probably due to Google’s “Project Butter”. As already mentioned, the digital assistant “Google Now” is also included in the new version of Android.
The update brings following new features
- Android 4.1.2 – Build JZO54K
- Buttery Smooth Performance & Great Stability (Thanks to Project Butter)
- Multi-View (Multi Windows Multitasking, same as in Note II)
- Multi-View can also be disabled
- Page Buddy
- Notification Panel can now be customized
- New Additions in Notification Panel
- Smart Rotation (Screen Display adjusts to your angle of sightings)
- Continues Input in Samsung Keyboard (Like Swipe or Android 4.2 Keyboard)
- Samsung’s Cloud services
- Features like Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play
- New Widgets from the Galaxy S III
- 2 Home screen modes
- New Notifications bar
- Google Now
As usual, the update is being distributed gradually to the Galaxy Note owners. There are possibilities that users might not be able to update their smartphone to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean right away. Don’t worry, the update will arrive to your country or network provider soon.
You can update your Galaxy Note thought Samsung KIES or by using OTA.