Facebook has upgraded its Messenger for iOS to version 4.0, introduces support for group chat and the ability to forward messages and photos.
Facebook has released an update for its messaging app for iOS with two key features. The update bumps app’s version to 4.0 and now aids group chat and message forwarding capabilities. The last update to the app was pushed back in November 2013, while recently the app has landed on Windows Phone 8.
After installing the update, users can create a group with friends with whom they interact more frequently and rejoice group chat. To create a group, you only need to choose the members, a group name and a photo which will immediately identify the recipients of messages with or without pictures and stickers attached. However, for a group chat, all contacts should be using the Messenger service.
The second new feature included in Facebook Messenger 4.0 is the ability to forward messages and pictures to users who isn’t in the conversation. It’s quite similar to the Apple’s iMessage. To forward a message or photo, just simply tap on it and you will get the desired options.
With the introduction of new features, the feature list has grown. The version 4.0 highlights include:
- Get to your messages without opening Facebook.
- Bring your conversations to life with stickers.
- Send photos privately.
- Have group conversations and make plans on the go.
- Text your phone contacts, even if you’re not Facebook friends.
- Share your location so people know when you’re nearby.
- Record voice messages.
- Make free calls, even to friends in other countries.
- Know when people have seen your messages.
- See who’s available on Messenger and who’s active on Facebook.
- Stay logged in so you never miss a message.
- Turn off notifications when you’re working, sleeping or just need a break.
Additionally, Facebook has taken the opportunity to make several improvements to make the application faster and more reliable. According to the Facebook-defined system requirements for the Facebook Messenger, the app is compatible with iOS 6.0 or higher only.
You can update the Facebook Messenger app, regardless of your iOS device and version, Go to Apple’s App Store and press “update.” The app store will then automatically download and install the latest version of the app, or click here to download new version of Facebook Messenger.