Google is rolling out the XE5 software update for the Explorer Edition Google Glass which brings a lot of new features and improvements to the device.
Consumers who have the Explorer Edition of Google Glass reported that the device is getting its first ever software update. Google is rolling out the XE5 software update for the Explorer Edition Google Glass which brings a lot of new features and improvements to the device.
So Google Glass is getting its first ever software update, and if you happen to have a Google Glass, then be sure to check whether the update is available for you or not. And if you do get the update notification and install the update, your software version will change to XE5. The name XE5 might sound strange to regular consumers, but we believe that Google must have set up a proper naming convention.
By the way, if you are wondering what has changed and what has improved, then check out the change log below.
New features in XE5:
- Change to sync policy: require power + Wi-Fi for background uploads
- Crash reporting
- Incoming G+ notifications (direct shares, comments, +mentions), including ability to comment and +1
- Incoming Hangout notifications
- Transcription of queries & messages is now wicked-fast
- Long-press to search from anywhere in the UI (no longer just from off)
- International number dialing + SMS
- Hop animation on disallowed swipes in the UI
- New On-Head Detection calibration flow
- Show device Serial Number on Device Info card
- More reliable estimation of battery charge remaining
- New recipient-list mosaic