Blackberry has officially announced the Blackberry 10.1 OS update for its flagship device, Blackberry Z10. This new update is the same update that everyone on the internet has been talking about since the time when leaked images of Blackberry R10 started appearing on the internet. So as a matter of fact, we all knew that the update was coming and finally it has been announced.
The Blackberry 10.1 OS update for the Blackberry Z10 was announced at the BlackBerry Live 2013 annual conference. And it was BlackBerry CEO Thorsten Heins who announced the BlackBerry 10.1 update for the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone. If you are interested in what’s new and what has been improved, then here is the change log that was known from developer beta versions:
- Instant Actions – a set of predefined and expandable “action” shortcuts within the Universal Search interface
- Keyboard Shortcuts – the Q10 shortcuts will work on the Z10’s virtual keyboard
- PIN to PIN messages for direct communication between BlackBerry smartphones
- Customizable notifications – you can tune the ringtone, vibration and LED response for the different accounts or contacts
- Finer cursor control – it’s easier to place teh cursor exactly where it’s needed
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) mode in the camera
- Landscape orientation support in the calendar
- Click to call any phone number mentioned in an email or message
If you happen to be a Blackberry Z10 consumer, then we suggest that you check for the BlackBerry 10.1 OS update as it is being rolled out starting this week. The United States based consumers will have to wait for a few days since the update will be rolled out by the end of the month. For other consumers, if you have not got the update notification already, then you can check for the software update manually using the software updates section in your phone’s Settings.