A new version of Google Maps for iPhone and iPad has landed this morning. The new version 2.0 is now available on the App Store for iOS devices.
After the Android users, the new design or the redesign of Google Maps has received for iPhone and iPad users. In addition to new and revised design, there are few key features that were already known by the Android update in the past week.
So Google Maps for iOS now supports live traffic – a feature that helps with navigation by avoiding congestion or persistent obstacles in routes and searches a diversion to avoid longer waiting times due to congestion or very large volume of traffic on selected route.
Moreover, Support for Indoor maps is also new and of course specifically for iPads probably next to the design update. Users can now view and navigate floor plans of several commercial locations as stores, malls and more. Indoor maps will show important places in the building like stores, restrooms, food and even bathroom as per the data available. However, it is only available in selected locations.
For more, see what’s inside?
- New design for iPad
- Enhanced navigation including live traffic updates and incident reports
- Explore: A new way to browse and discover popular local places to eat, drink, shop, play and sleep
- Simple 5-star ratings and reviews from friends, plus expert Zagat content
- Great deals from your favorite brands with Google Offers
- Indoor maps with walking directions for malls, transit stations, airports and more
Here are a few screenshots of Google Maps doing its thing on an iPhone 5, including how you see — where you are, search and discover nearby places, and get a feel for the place.
Images Credit: Apple App Store