iFile is a simple file manager and explorer for managing files on your iPhone. It’s simple but powerful app that allows users to harness iPhones usability and multitasking. You can delete, copy, paste and compress multiple files along with email options, full Dropbox integration, etc.
As it doesn’t meet Apple’s guidelines, iFile is not listed in the App Store. That doesn’t mean it’s not available for the iPhone, just that some minor adjustments of the phone settings are required. Nor does that mean there’s any need to jailbreak, otherwise gain greater access to the file system, the iPhone. Apart from iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, it is available on devices like iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S. iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad Mini 3, iPad Mini with retina, iPad Mini, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2 and iPod touch 5. So this is how you can add iFile to your iPhone without jailbreaking.
How to download iFile on iPhone without Jailbreak:
- First, you’ll need to make some minor adjustments to the date settings. So tap Settings on your iPhone, scroll down a bit and then select General > Date & Time to open date and time settings.
- Switch off ‘Set Automatically’ and tap Time Zone. Tap the date under Time Zone, and then spin the date with the scroll wheel so that it’s September 20, 2014.
- Open the Safari browser or an alternative such as Google Chrome. You’ll then need to open this page in the browser: http://www.pgyer.com/ATAy.
- The iFile page will open with a new window. Tap the green button to open a pop up with Install option. Tap the Install option to begin the installation of iFile.
- That will add the iFile app to your iPhone. Go back to your main app page, and search through your apps. You should find the iFile app icon there, which you can now tap to open up the app.
Note: Users can also try to install it without changing time zone.
So that’s all there is to it really. Now you can manage and explore your files with the iFile app, and you can also revert back to the correct date after installation. Go back to the Date & Time settings to adjust the date.
Features of iFile:
- Create, Delete files and folders.
- Compress Zip files and folders.
- Email file or files as one or as attachments.
- Move and copy files.
- Get more info about the files.
- Create bookmarks.
- Change start up directory.
- Transfer files via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi to iFile on another device.
- Create bookmarks.
- Hack games.
- Installation of *.deb files.
In case of any issue or query, do let us know by commenting here. You can also check out 5 best apps for sending group messages on iOS and Android.