Monster Hunter Now, the latest addition to the Monster Hunter franchise, has officially launched worldwide on September 14, 2023. Developed in collaboration between Capcom and Pokémon Go creator Niantic, the game aims to bring the core Monster Hunter experience to mobile platforms in a simplified yet engaging manner.
- Collaboration with Niantic: The game is a joint venture between Capcom and Niantic, known for their location-based game Pokémon Go.
- Streamlined Gameplay: Monster Hunter Now focuses on delivering the Monster Hunter experience in short bursts suitable for mobile gaming.
- Soft Launch and New Characters: Prior to the official launch, the game had a soft launch introducing new characters like Qualily.
- Seasonal Model: Developers have confirmed that new monsters, story quests, and weapon types will be introduced as part of a seasonal model.
The Experience Stripped Down
Monster Hunter Now takes the complex and time-consuming elements of the original Monster Hunter games and streamlines them for quick, on-the-go gameplay. This is particularly beneficial for those who want to enjoy the Monster Hunter universe without dedicating hours to it. The game is designed to work in short bursts on your phone, making it more accessible to a broader audience.
One of the most exciting features is the real-world hunting aspect. Leveraging Niantic’s expertise in location-based gaming, players can hunt epic monsters in their local areas. This adds an extra layer of excitement and immersion, as you can literally go out and hunt monsters in the real world.
Global Launch and Reception
The game has had a global launch with over 3 million registrations, indicating a strong initial interest. It also features a music video “Make It Out Alive” by ONE OK ROCK to celebrate its launch. The game has been featured at major gaming events like Gamescom and PAX West, further boosting its visibility and appeal.
- Monster Hunter Now is a collaboration between Capcom and Niantic.
- The game offers a simplified Monster Hunter experience optimized for mobile platforms.
- Features real-world hunting, allowing players to hunt monsters in their local areas.
- Launched globally on September 14, 2023, with strong initial interest and over 3 million registrations.
Monster Hunter Now is an innovative step in making the Monster Hunter experience more accessible and enjoyable on mobile platforms. Its collaboration with Niantic brings a unique real-world hunting feature that sets it apart from other mobile games. With its global launch, the game is set to capture the attention of both veteran Monster Hunter fans and newcomers alike.
- Collaboration with Niantic for location-based gameplay.
- Streamlined experience suitable for short bursts of mobile gaming.
- Global launch with strong initial interest and over 3 million registrations.
For those looking to dive into the Monster Hunter universe without the steep learning curve of the mainline games, Monster Hunter Now is worth checking out.